Friday, March 13, 2015

Lola's trip to the ER

It was a normal saturday morning.  I went to work, Jeremy went to his baseball game and Aunt Amy and Kaya were watching the kids at the house.  I get a call at the salon from Amy telling me they are at an ER in Cedar Hill because Kaya bit lola on the lip after Lola tried to pick up Kaya's dog food bowl.......I'm sorry, WHAT??  My mother in law met them at the ER and took them on to Children's hospital in Dallas.  I finished up a highlight, called my other clients to cancel and took off.  I called DeAnn and screamed the whole way to Midlothian.  She drove me and mom to Dallas.  When I got there, Lola was sitting calmly in Amy's lap.  The left side of her top lip had been taken off.  It actually looked much better than I expected.  We got there at 1:30 and did not leave until 9:45pm.  It was the longest day of my life.  The boys were so good.  Amy said Jake even asked if Lola was going to die.  They were so worried about her.  They finally went on home with Honey, Amy and Gigi while I stayed at the hospital.  We finally got a hold of Jeremy and he met us up there. Lola was very calm the whole day except when the doctor tried to give her a shot in her lip and stitch her up.....I almost threw up and passed out while DeAnn hung on to Lola....Dear Lord!  After some gatorade and a popsicle, I was fine...lol! They then sedated her and stitch 3 stitches into her lip and sent us home with pretty much an open wound on her face.  Scared me to death! What a trooper she was.  Since she couldn't have my popsicle, she finally got her own and we headed home.  DeAnn and I finally ate dinner at 10pm...I've never eaten a schlotsky's sandwhich so fast!  What a day that I will never forget!

Lola has been spoiled rotten ever since.  Grandma walked in one day and Lola asked her "what did you bring me"  Pappa brought her ice cream, grumpa and grammy brought her magnetic paper dolls, Micah brought her a blanket and a lamb, a couple of girls at the salon and clients of mine brought her things....so sweet!!  I'm amazed at how well her mouth is healing on its own.  She's eating well, sleeping well and finally got the hang of her medicine.  We went to see Dr Smart - plastic surgeon on Monday. He doesn't want to operate for atleast 6 months. We aren't sure what's in store quite yet but we will take it as it comes.  Not the best week for us but I'm thankful it was just her lip!

Lola and I finished the week off with the new movie Cinderella.  It was her first movie in the theater.  She loved it.  She only got up one time and stood in front of me for a couple of minutes and then got back in my lap.  When Cinderella tried on the glass slipper and it fit at the end, Lola yelled "yaaahhh"...she was the only one...so funny!  Good times









No comments: