Friday, July 24, 2009

A lesson from my son

Today has been a big day for Jax and for his mother. Lets begin with our morning. We woke up and ate breakfast. Jax watches 2 shows in the morning....mickey mouse clubhouse and seasame street. Jax was watching elmo on seasame - sitting in front of the tv - so I went into the kitchen to put some things up. When I returned to the living room, this is what I found (picture to the left) Jax climbed up onto the mantel all by himself and was having a great time. I was shocked....didn't know he could climb that well yet.

My fourteen month old son is still not walking but we are making progress. This afternoon, he took about 5 steps in our study and made it to our couch in the room. I kept making him do it - unfortunately, I was the only one at home and he wouldn't do it anymore when Jeremy returned from running some errands. But, it was still exciting. He's finally trying to walk....little by little.

Here's where the lesson comes in for mom........Jax may not be walking but he's talking. Today he was repeating a lot of what we were saying. He tells the store clerks bye bye now when we leave. I can ask him a question and he will tell me NO. He can count. I start off "one" and he says "two". He will show you on his hand up to five. He calls Mona moma. Anyways, Jeremy and I went to eat at double daves for dinner tonight and Jax was in the back seat in his car seat as usual. Jeremy had asked me a question and instead of just saying no, I used a little infuses with H-E- (double hockey sticks) no....get the drift. My sweet little son - clear as day repeated it exactly. We both laughed so hard. Jeremy keeps telling me to watch my language because I can have a bit of a potty mouth occasionally and boy did I get my lesson tonight. That is something I will never forget and probably should never do again :)

These last two pictures are from an evening in the pool with Jax. After his last pool busted, Jeremy went to walmart and bought Jax a good sturdy pool - I requested one with a slide and he loves it! We've had many good nights in this pool.

That's about it for now. We are dreading the return of August. Jax has been so spoiled by his daddy being home for the summer. He takes him to the park and out to Mt. Lebanon. They've had a great time and I am so thankful that Jeremy enjoys every minute of it. I think we have a few more weeks so we'll enjoy it while it lasts. Until then, we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jax is precious. I'm not looking forward to the day that Katie starts repeating us. I'm sure we'll have a similar story in our house. Ha! But she's only 10 months and just saying "mama" and "dada" so I think we still have a while. :)