Friday, July 3, 2009

Rest in Peace Razor 1997-2009


And then there were two....

This morning around 4am, I believe, Razor passed away. Our German Shepherd was 12 1/2 yrs old. Jeremy actually got Razor when we began dating my senior year in high school. He's been through a lot with him and we will miss him dearly.

Razor has had a rough year. He had his tail removed, we moved to a new location and he slowly became worse over the past few months. Nothing was really wrong except that he just wasn't himself....you could see it in his eyes. He wouldn't play anymore - just eat and sleep. He was a good dog! Last night Brutus began barking so I turned the porch light on and Razor was foaming at the mouth, breathing heavily and stumbling around. He wouldn't drink or eat and his stomach was bloated. We really don't know what happened but this morning Jeremy told me he had passed away during the night. Razor is in the process of being buried with all the other Jackson dogs out at Mt Lebanon as we speak.

Below are a couple of old pictures of Razor in his better days.



6 comments:

The Flesher Family said...

aww makes me tear up to read this. I love dogs and this breaks my heart when your friend dies:( I am sorry to hear that. I will never forget that time I first met Razor and yall were feeding him big pieces of meat...and I was like oh my gosh is that what he eats:) I am sure you will hold lots of fond memories of him. Take care

The Wingers said...

I am sorry to hear of him passing. I know it's hard to have a long time pet die.

coneandmo said...

Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. Its sad when you lose a dog, they are family members too!
I remember him eating chicken, yuk!
Take care friend!
:)

The Wells Family said...

Awww. That makes me sad. I'm sorry to hear the news. He seemed like a great dog. He will be missed I'm sure.

Sandy :) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Razor. I know he's been such an important member of your family. I remember the chicken as well and the picture of him with the cone. What sweet memories...take care.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the passing of Razor guys.

Jeff