Friday, September 3, 2010

Mother's Day Out...So it begins!



This is the only picture I could get of Jax standing still before we left for his first day of mother's day out. He's not a big fan of taking pictures at the moment....
Jax started Noah's Ark Bible School at First Baptist Midlothian on Tuesday. He will be going Tuesday and Thursdays while I work. I've been pretty anxious and nervous about all this for the past week. Jax is at that point where he needs to be socialized...as I say. He doesn't do well when we drop him off at Sunday school lately and he's use to being around me and Grandma Jackson all day.
I took him in Tuesday morning and gave him a kiss in the car before I pulled him out of his car seat. I told him I loved him very much and sat there and cried for a minute. He was looking at me like what the heck is wrong with you. We walked in and I took him into his room. He got a little frantic but never cried. His two teachers are so sweet and all the other kids were playing and calm. I told him that Honey (my mom) would pick him up after school and that I would see him later and I left. I never heard him scream. My mom was able to look at the security cameras all day and give me updates. He played with the other kids, ate his lunch and even took a 40 minute nap......not bad for the first day. He loved the play ground as well. We went back on Thursday and he had an even better day. So far so good.
They will be learning there letters, colors, shapes and even Spanish. He's a head of the game already because he's a pretty smart kid but I know he'll have fun. So far so good! We look forward to seeing how this makes him grow and mature over the next year. Until next time, we'll keep you posted!

No comments: