Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Week

What a fun week we've had. There were a lot of firsts for Jax this week. First fireworks show...slept right through it...first swim in the pool.....and first smile at mom without passing gas.

Jax is always most alert in the mornings. On July 3rd we woke up as usual and had breakfast. I usually put him in his bouncy chair while I do some things and I started talking to him and thought I'd give it a try....I said "Can you smile at mommy" and his face lit up. I thought "surely that didn't just happen" so I tried again and again and again. I got 4 smiles from him and then I cried as usual. He has done it every day this week and even smiled for my mom today. He's making good eye contact and making a lot more noises.

We went and watched fireworks in Midlothian with Trey, Wanissa and Cooper on the 3rd. We had a great time as usual. We got a picture of Cooper and Jax below along with some of our family. I also took another picture of Jax after his bath one night. He always looks so cute after bath time....I couldn't help it.

On Sunday's, we usually go to my parents for dinner and swim time with the cousins. I haven't been allowed to get wet due to my surgery until this next week but who's counting. We got in today. Jax did very well. Even though it looks like he got mad in the picture, he really enjoyed it once he was in. I kept him in for about 5 minutes until his teeth started chattering and then my mom took him out.

Well, that's about it for the week. I'm doing this post at 10:45 on Sunday night because all I plan on doing tomorrow is holding my son. It's our last full day together before I go back to work. I know I've said this before but its going to be a rough week for me. I love what I do for a living but nothing beats being a mom! Gotta get some sleep before the first feeding....We'll keep you posted!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he is waving "Hi" in the goggle pic. That is so funny!
DeAnn

The Flesher Family said...

love Jax's face when he is in the pool...too funny! When are we going to get together to see this precious Jax?? We need to plan something soon. Take care and I hope the return to work was not hard.

The Wells Family said...

He's so cute! I hope your week back to work isn't too rough. Just hang in there!