Monday, February 8, 2010

Under the Bed Leads to Bunk Beds


This story took place a couple of weeks ago....I'm just now getting to sit and write this blog due to the craziness in my life lately.


The third night that Jax was in his big boy bed, we had a major catastrophe. At 2 am I heard one scream over the monitor and that was it. I laid there for a minute then decided to go check on him. I walked in his dark room and couldn't feel him anywhere in the bed - that's when I started to panic. I turned on the light and screamed for him and Jeremy came running. I looked all over the house and then back into his room. I dropped to my knees and that's when I saw it...a little foot under the bed. I think what had happened was that he tried getting down off the step stool and missed the step, fell and just rolled under the bed and went back to sleep. I pulled him out and looked for blood or broken bones and he was fast asleep.....poor little guy. Needless to say, he slept with us the rest of that night. The next day, I had to work but had a little break. I went to a furniture store in Arlington and bought these bunk beds. You see how close to the ground it is. It took Jax 2 nights to adjust to his new bed but its been great! They will come in handy in a couple of years when the 2 boys can share the beds. Jax obviously sleeps on the bottom and we've yet to put a mattress up top. I didn't let the movers attached the stairs because I didn't want Jax climbing up so the stairs are up top. I love this set though. On the left, are shelves and 6 drawers. So its all in one unit and it was a great price!
Baby Update:
Today is February the 8th and Jake will be here in less than 9 weeks now. I had a doctor appointment this last week and got some news I wasn't prepared for. One of the tubes attached to a kidney on Jake is enlarged. I don't know technical names. Anyways, she said it was more common among unborn boys and more than likely it will correct itself. She said it looked on the high side of normal. It could possibly cause kidney infections or UTI's later on if not corrected but she said she wasn't concerned yet. Of course I am. Hopefully this will correct itself and it won't be a big deal.....just something we have to monitor. Everything else looked great though. I feel like he's been trying to get out. I can see his head pushing out or a hand or foot and of course this happens at 3 or 4am.
Well, that's about it for us. Until next time, we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amanda (Buelna) Huerta said...

Don't worry. God is watching over you and the baby. Just relax and take care of yourself. You are in my prayers:)