Friday, April 16, 2010

Jake Ryan Jackson born 4/9/10

Jake Ryan Jackson was born at 8:05 on April 9,2010 weighing 8lbs 5oz and 20in long.

















I had my second c-section with my wonderful Dr (Dr. Monti) at Baylor in downtown Dallas. Jeremy and my sister DeAnn were in the OR with me during the whole thing. Don't I look great!




















Everything went well and I was soon in recovery with all the family present from both sides. Good thing no one else was in the recovery room but us :)

After a couple of hours in recovery, they took me up to my room for 3 long days of hospital care. I had hernea surgery as well so my whole middle area feels horrible - thank goodness for pain meds and good nurses!!

They soon brought Jax in to meet his new baby brother. This was a rough time. My sweet little boy had a hard time with mom being in the bed. He wanted me to come with him when he left the room and couldn't understand why I couldn't go. It has gotten much better since we have been home though. He has warmed up nicely to Jake and loves on him very softly with kisses and hugs.

















We had plenty of visitors from family and friends while we were there as well. It was great to see everyone and we are so thankful for the support we have gotten over the last week. Jax stayed with Grumpa and Grammy over the weekend and my mom and sister have been doing house duty the last week while I recover from my c-section. We are truly blessed to have both of our families so close by!























We went home on Monday April 12th. We are learning the ropes with 2 little boys and loving every minute. Jake has been sleeping a lot ofcourse and only waking up once in the middle of the night - I hope this continues. I think he looks more like me and I was shocked when they told me he was smaller than Jax. I look forward to seeing how he grows and changes over the next year. Well, that's it for now. Until next time, we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Amanda (Buelna) Huerta said...

Congratulations again Shelley! I pray your recovery goes well. Enjoy every second. I can't believe my little one is almost 3 months! You have a beautiful family and I wish all of you many wonderul memories and lots of joy:) God Bless.