Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 2 and all the fun

Jake is now 2 weeks old and doing great. He still sleeps the majority of the day, which I appreciate while learning to cope with 2 little boys. He's awake a couple of hours in the morning and a couple in the evening but that's about it. Jax continues to be a sweet big brother and is adjusting better and better. We continue the long line of doctor appointments this next week and I have 4 weeks left till I go back to work.....lets not think about that right now though :(
Onto our week in pictures... We finally managed to get Jax to actually hold Jake. I just think this picture is soooo precious. It only lasted a second. Glad I had the camera handy.

This next picture holds a funny story....When I was born, I sucked these same 2 fingers but I did it until I was in the 1st grade and they put a rake in my mouth to make me stop - followed by lots of dental work. Anyways, I've caught him doing this a few times and I had to get a picture. Hopefully it won't be a long term thing....yikes!
















We also took our first bath this week. He didn't like it to say the least. That is the worst cry I've ever heard in my life and its also changed our evening routine for the best. After his bath, he stays awake for about an hour and then out he goes until I wake him up to feed him before going to sleep myself. It's awesome. I guess I just ware him out. I took a few more pictures from our evening routine....




























The next pictures show mom learning to juggle two kids. Jax loves to play outside so I always try to take him out and let him burn some energy while we are couped up in the house for the time being. He got a bubble set from some friends of ours and loves it so we played bubbles and Jake enjoyed the outdoors in the carrier....He loved it - or I should say he slept the whole time. It was great for all three of us.












The last picture for the week was taken on Saturday morning. Jeremy is finishing up baseball season and has been gone ALOT!! I've had my mom over here helping out due to baseball games and a wedding thrown in there as well. I can't lift Jax or put him in the tub or get in his bed with him....its killing me but thank God for mom and DeAnn. DeAnn takes Jax to McDonalds and for rides in the car just to get him out and mom puts my child to bed....anyways, sorry for the tangent. I was so excited to see all three of them together so I took a pic....love it and love my family! Until next time, we'll keep you posted!













2 comments:

The Wells Family said...

AWww...these pictures are so sweet! I can't tell who Jake looks like, but they change so much so fast!

Jeff and Steph said...

He truly is a beautiful baby friend! Such sweet...and trying...moments. :)