Monday, December 2, 2013

Stitches for Jax

I never thought I would be writing a blog about Jax getting stitches...Jake, yes...Jax, no.  Poor little guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  We had just moved into our new house 3 days prior.  Jeremy was finishing up some painting in Lola's room and we were all in there.  Lola's bed hadn't been put together yet and one of the boards fell and landed right on Jax's eyebrow area...with a metal piece in it. I will never forget it as long as I live.  He didn't even see it coming.  Blood shot from his head and he screamed.  I told Jeremy to go get a towel and ice pack.  I held the wound tight while blood continued to come out.  Before it was over, we were both covered in blood.  My son had a hole in his head....and I don't do well with blood! My mom was able to get to our house in record time to watch my little guys and off we went to mansfield ER.  I made Jax repeat his ABCs over and over the whole way.  He did such a good job the whole time.  We had to do a CT scan and he got 5 stitches.  They wrapped him up in a sheet and gave him 5 or 6 shots in his wound to deaden the area.  After that he calmed down.  2 hours later, we went home.  Poor little Jake was a little confused and scared.  Jax is doing great now.  He has a scar and I don't think he'll ever forget it but we made it through. Here are some pics



No comments: