Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter has always been a fun time in my family growing up so I was really looking forward to passing on the traditions to my new family this year. Throw in some rain, half the family backing out of coming over, a million places to go in one morning, shoes that don't fit my sons feet (that did 3 weeks ago) and things can get a little yucky for Shelley and her happy thoughts of how Jax's first Easter was suppose to go. But other than that (yes, I'm done venting) we had a great day!




We started off the morning with a visit from the easter bunny - Jax went straight for the chocolate egg that looked like a baseball. I don't think he cared about anything else. He also got a stuffed bunny, elmo video and a few other candies that he will never be allowed to eat :) They were more for me.


We then got dressed and went to my sister's church to see Connor get baptized. As soon as that was over, we raced back to Midlothian to make the 9:30 service at our church. When that was over, we then went to my parents house for lunch with my grandparents and my sister's family. Since the weather was so bad, Jax missed his first easter egg hunt but we went on to Grumpa and Grammy's house where he got lots of other things that made up for it and plenty of family to boot!
Grumpa fed Jax some kind of fruit salad and he enjoyed his easter basket from Grammy and Grumpa. Grandma Jackson also gave Jax a cute little outfit and new truck that made lots of fun noises. He played with Jennifer and Mary and enjoyed the new big window at the front of the house. Jax had a great afternoon and finished it off with a quick nap on the way home that evening...I think we wore him out.







































We had a great day when it was all said and done. We came home and rested and Jax enjoyed his new scooter from Gigi. He thinks the scooter is so fun and loves to play with all the buttons and enjoyes being pushed on it as well. (doesn't he look like his father in this pic) Thanks to everyone that helped to make Jax's first easter so fun! We'll keep ya'll posted!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud to say that I made that new picture of the Jackson Family....dad, mom & Jax!.....And the picture of him on the scooter,he looks much older than he really is. Please don't grow up too fast, buddy! Love ya...Honey