Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh the joys of crawling

Now that Jax is crawling very well, he's learned to get into just about everything and has discovered many new things. I could handle him throwing his diapers all over his room but this last week, he's scared me a few times. The picture to the left is exactly what you think...I was in the kitchen preparing his breakfast and Brutus was having his puppy chow. Jax decided he needed some too before I could get to him. I was able to get it out of his mouth before he swallowed thank goodness. He had about 4 pieces shoved in there. After I cleared his mouth and realized Brutus was still eating I guess he didn't like that and head butt Brutus and let out a loud grunt. It was pretty cute.
Another day, he was right outside our study door playing with the door stopper - you know the ones that make noises when you push on them. I looked over because it had gotten quiet and Jax had the white tip of the door stopper in his mouth. That scared me just a bit but once again, I was able to get it out while he cried because I scared him.

This morning he tried pete moss from a fake plant on our window seat. He pulled up on the window seat and proceeded to put a hand full in his mouth with me watching and laughing. That came out quickly...I guess it didn't taste so good.

The last funny thing he's doing right now is pulling up against our bathtub. He's teething and he likes to put his gums against the cold faucet. Today he learned how to turn the faucet on as well. So he'd turn it on and off....on and off.. he thought that was funny.

We've had another good week and kind of a turning point for both of us. I've officially weened him as of a couple of days ago and he's taking formula now. I'm happy I was able to nurse him for a full 10 months but he's getting too big, too wiggly and I was just at my stopping point with pumping. I'm so thankful I was able to nurse him and wouldn't have it any other way. I highly recommend it to any new mom. What a bonding experience between you and your baby. It was a sad night to stop but I know I've done my part and look forward to doing it again with the next one....not yet though :)

One more picture for the week - here are the dogs. I know razor looks a little funny. I'm in the middle of shaving his winter coat. Its not an easy job but he's pretty calm and he's shedding so it had to come off. That's about it for now. We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brutus is a cutie...now you should put Jax in teh middle of all teh dogs and get a pic!!!!!

Jeff