Monday, June 2, 2008

Jax's Birth 5/27/08

Yes, I'm finally updating my blog. It's now been 6 days since Jax has been born and today is the first day I feel like doing anything at all. My pictures speak for themselves and there are a lot so I really don't have much to say and I'm also still very heavily drugged so I may not make sense.

Jax Dean Jackson was born at 10:13am on May 27,2008. He weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 20 7/8" by C-Section. My doctor finally figured out after she pulled him out that I have a heart shaped uterus which means Jax could not turn inside of me due to my uterus and my future pregnancies will result in csections as well.

We arrived at the hospital that morning - my sister was already there waiting on us. Since she is a nurse at Baylor, she was allowed in the OR and was able to video the whole thing. She also picked my nurses for me, which I loved - they all did a great job! Once I was in the OR, my nurse talked me through my epidural - which was terrible. So for all of you who have to look forward to csection spinal blocks, they burn like fire and then you want to throw up until they drug you so heavily that you don't care anymore. A sheet went up in front of my face and all I could feel was tugging - it was crazy. Jeremy came in and sat next to me and never looked over the sheet. He was so red - I kept asking him if he was ok. About 7 minutes later, I heard the most amazing noise. I will never forget that moment as long as I live. My husband sitting next to me and my son screaming away - what a true blessing from God!

I was wheeled to recovery and family from both sides poured in for the next 2 hours including Jax's best friend Cooper and pictured below, Jimmy Dean Kearney with grandmother, whom Jax Dean is named after. I was in the hospital for 3 nights and during that time, I had the best night nurse. I attached a picture of her - Chasity. She was the best nurse and I made sure the hospital knew when I left. I was so lucky to have her through everything I went through. I even asked if she could come home with me. Well, we're home now and doing well for the most part. I'm moving at a minimal speed but couldn't have asked for a better baby. Jax is very calm. Eats on schedule and sleeps very well....I think he's like his dad. He looks like Jeremy but has my chin. He makes the best faces.

I know they say motherhood changes you and they are right. I feel like a totally different person. The love I have for my husband and child is immeasurable. Jeremy has been a huge help and I am truly blessed that God gave me Jax and Jeremy. I look forward to each and ever day now with a new fervor for life.....not because of some event coming up or whatever but because of this new little person that I'm responsible for and my family. I can't really explain it but I am so thankful and blessed. Our families have been so helpful and wonderful. We've had many visitors and Jeremy's older sister Amy and husband Paul came to visit from Arizona. What a big help they were when we came home from the hospital. I was sad to see them go. Well, below are pictures. I hope you enjoy. Oh and Congrats to Melinda and Vanessa on their pregnancies....you are going to love every minute of it!




1 comment:

wanissa said...

Trey, Cooper and I are so happy for yall. Jax is so presious and so pretty. I can not wait until Cooper and Jax are old enough to play together. But then again I love them being little. Cherish every minute of it. we love yall.