Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy 1st birthday Jax

Jax Dean Jackson was born one year ago today at 10:13am weighing 8lbs 13oz. I can't believe its been a year. We've had so much fun with him and I look forward to many more years of watching him grow and learning new things!


Jeremy and I both took the day off and took Jax to the Ft Worth Zoo for the first time. We had a great time! Jax pointed at everything and loved the animals. I took tons of pictures so bare with me.



















We started off with the gorilla exhibit. He even made noises at them.....so cute!

Then we went on to see the penguins, kangaroos, rhino and elephant.



































We stopped and let Jax ride the carousel....I think Jeremy got a little tired of going round and round :)






What's wrong with this picture you ask....why am I on the outside of the fence - this was the bird exhibit. Tons of parakeets were flying around inside and it seriously made me sick. They would fly right at the fence and I kept backing up so I never got a good picture of any of the birds. I hate and am deathly afraid of birds! So Jax and dad went and checked it out - Jax loves birds and points at them all the time!

We had a great time at the zoo and finished it off with a little lunch and ice cream for all three of us. What a great way to spend his birthday! He was so sleepy that when we put him in the car, I think it took about 2 minutes for him to fall asleep. Jax's party is Saturday and we look forward to that. I'll have more pictures. Until then, we'll keep you posted!




















3 comments:

coneandmo said...

Happy Birthday Jax! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow.
Sorry I did laugh out loud at the bird exhibit. :)

Deann Black said...

Happy Birthday Little Buddy:)

Sandy :) said...

Love the pic of Jax and the kangaroo!!! Happy Birthday Jax!