Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jax's 1st Birthday Party




















Well, the day has come and gone now - Jax is officially one and had a great week with the zoo, Aunt Amy and Uncle Paul staying with us and then his birthday party at Mt Lebanon. I tried to take a picture of Jax with his cute bday party outfit on but he was being goofy. The other picture was just too cute - Aunt Amy reading to Jax the morning of his party. We've had a great week and I've included tons of pictures from the party
so enjoy!


I almost forgot - this picture was taken on his actual birthday right before bed. Jeremy and I got Jax a xylophone and a collector baseball figure. Jeremy decided he's going to get Jax one every year. I chose the xylophone because he likes noise and banging on things....good combo. He loved his first gifts. We just kept it simple since we didn't know what all he was going to get for his party.







This was Jax's birthday cake. It was the drama of my day - not quite what I was expecting for how much I paid but you live and you learn....never use them again! Lets just say this picture is an improvement from what I originally picked up from the bakery....it was taken back in after a few tears in the car and a phone call to my mother and had a little more work done before I picked it up a second time. You only have your first birthday once!



Jax got a lot of great gifts. Jeremy's dad - Grumpa made Jax the little picnic set behind him and Grandma Jackson gave him the turtle sandbox which he loves! Aunt Amy and Uncle Paul gave Jax a bbq grill with food and beverages that he also loves to play with and is all over my living room floor right now



































Honey and Pappa (my mom and dad) gave Jax a red wagon. We tested it out tonight in our neighborhood and he really enjoyed the ride! We look forward to many more. Aunt DeAnn also gave Jax some new clothes and a basketball hoop.

































We also took Jax for a little dip in the pool. He was trying to drink the water. We also watched all the other crazy people go down the big water slide and then had some hotdogs and cake.


We finished off the afternoon with a little cake for Jax to get into and the happy birthday song. He got a little messy but never really went crazy with the cake. All in all, it was a great day...but I'm glad its over. Thanks to everyone that came and all the great gifts. We are so thankful for our families and the fun we had! We'll keep you posted!






























1 comment:

candicebishop said...

Awwh, what a great first birthday! Our turtle sandbox is a couple of years old now, and its still such a hit with the kids and their little friends.