Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Haircut


Today, Jax got his first haircut.....and no, I didn't do it :) There is a lady that has cut my hair, my sister's hair, my nephew's hair and now Jax's hair. Her name is Susan and she has been doing my grandmother's hair in Dallas for years and years. We've become good friends with her and her family and it has just been tradition to have her cut everyone's hair first. She won't let us pay her - she says "the first one is free" and she even tried to hand me the scissors to finish it off and I told her no way. She had to do it. I'll have plenty of other times.
Jax did really good. He was a little unsure when she put the cape on but then he warmed up to her. He was a big flirt!
















































When he got done, we had to have a couple more pictures and then Susan treated Jax to a few grahm crackers for being so good....what a deal. It was a good experience and yes, I kept some hair for his baby book. He's getting so big. It's amazing how a little trim makes him look so big.



Sorry about the bad picture - a wrong button was pushed. This is my grandmother with us. We went and visited her and my grandfather for a while when we got done. Jax slapped my grandfather's bald head as we headed out the door to go home. It was really funny...I don't know what he was thinking. Well, that's it for now. We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Deann Black said...

What a BIG BOY:(...He's not a baby anymore!