Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day/Dedication


Today was a great day for many reasons! It was my first mother's day, Jax was dedicated at our church this morning and Jax stood on his own for the first time.
We started out the morning with a great breakfast by dad and a spa gift certificate from Jax and Jeremy.....oh how I love the spa!
On to church for sunday school and then Jax was dedicated during church with a few other kids. Jax's great grandparents on my mom's side came to his dedication along with my parents - gotta love family support!
He did really good for the most part. He clapped when everyone clapped, pointed at all the lights and while the preacher was saying the prayer - Jax said ball very loudy twice. Below are some pictures my mom took during the dedication.





























After church was over, we had lunch with my family and went home. Jax was in the bathroom with me where he loves to pull on the toilet paper. He had stood up using the wall with toilet paper in the other hand. He wanted to pull the toilet paper apart but couldn't do it while holding onto the wall so he just let go and stood there for a good minute while ripping tp to shreds. I got so excited and screamed - it scared him so down he went.....it was pretty funny.
The two other pictures below are just random. The first one is of Jax with his cousins Preston and Grant at our garage sale this last week. The other one, I took a week ago. Jax loves playing with Jeremy's baseballs. He throws them and goes and picks them up and does it again over and over. Most of the time, he throws it with his left hand.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's left handed! Until next week, we'll keep you posted!




3 comments:

Deann Black said...

Love the first pic:)

The Wells Family said...

Happy late Mother's day Shelley! Jax is so darn cute. I can't wait to see y'all again!

candicebishop said...

Happy first (belated) mother's day. What a sweet day you had. And I LOVE the first picture of you and Jax together.